As the rainy season sets in, it’s time to indulge in some delicious snacks that complement the cozy atmosphere. Whether you’re enjoying the rain from the comfort of your home or planning a monsoon picnic, these five snacking ideas will surely make your taste buds dance. From crispy treats to comforting bites, here are some mouthwatering snacks that you must try this monsoon.
- Masala Corn: Nothing beats the combination of hot masala corn and the cool breeze of the rain. To prepare this tasty snack, boil fresh corn kernels until they are tender. In a separate pan, sauté onions, tomatoes, and spices like chaat masala, red chili powder, and salt. Add the boiled corn kernels to the pan and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes, and your masala corn is ready to be devoured!
- Pakoras: Pakoras are a quintessential monsoon snack that never fails to impress. These deep-fried fritters are incredibly versatile and can be made with various ingredients such as onions, potatoes, spinach, or even paneer. Prepare a thick batter by mixing besan (gram flour), spices, and water. Dip the vegetable slices in the batter and deep-fry until golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with mint chutney or ketchup.
- Stuffed Bread Rolls: Warm, crispy bread rolls filled with a delectable stuffing are perfect for monsoon snacking. To make these, take slices of bread and remove the crust. Flatten the bread slices using a rolling pin. In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes, chopped onions, green chilies, spices, and salt. Place a spoonful of the stuffing on each flattened bread slice and roll it tightly. Deep-fry the rolls until they turn golden brown. Serve with ketchup or mint chutney.
- Bhutta (Roasted Corn on the Cob): There’s something incredibly satisfying about eating roasted corn on the cob during the rainy season. Roast fresh corn on a charcoal grill or stove flame until it gets a nice charred texture. Once it’s cooked, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle some salt, chili powder, and lemon juice for an added kick. Enjoy the smoky, sweet, and tangy flavors of this classic monsoon snack.
- Bread Pakoda: Bread pakoda is a popular Indian street food that makes for a delightful snack during the monsoon. Take two slices of bread and apply a generous layer of green chutney and tamarind chutney on one side. Place a slice of boiled potato and some finely chopped onions and green chilies on one bread slice. Cover it with the other slice and press gently. Dip the prepared sandwich in a besan batter and deep-fry until it turns golden brown. Serve hot with mint chutney.
This monsoon, treat yourself to these delightful snacking ideas that perfectly complement the rainy weather. From spicy and crispy pakoras to comforting bread rolls, each snack offers a burst of flavors and textures that will make your monsoon experience even more enjoyable. So, grab your umbrella, cozy up indoors, and savor these delicious snacks while enjoying the pitter-patter of raindrops.