Malayalis Shine on Hurun India Philanthropy List 2023
The Hurun India Philanthropy List for 2023 has recognized the outstanding contributions of 10 Malayali individuals and organizations to philanthropic causes. Topping the list is M.A. Yusuff Ali, Chairman of LuLu Group International, who generously donated 107 crore rupees for social development initiatives. Following closely is Kris Gopalakrishnan, a co-founder of Infosys, who dedicated 93 crore rupees to education-related causes. VP Nandakumar, Chairman of Manappuram Finance, demonstrated his commitment by allocating 15 crore rupees for livelihood enhancement projects. Additionally, Kochouseph Chittilappilly, Chairman of V-Guard, contributed 82 crore rupees towards healthcare initiatives. Together, these Malayalis have collectively donated a remarkable 435 crore rupees to support various social development activities, showcasing their commitment to making a positive impact on society.
On the national philanthropy stage, HCL Technologies’ founder, Shiv Nadar, claimed the top spot by donating a substantial 2,042 crore rupees, followed by Asim Premji, founder of Wipro, who contributed 1,774 crore rupees for philanthropic endeavors. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries, also made a significant contribution of 376 crore rupees. This collective dedication to philanthropy underscores India’s leadership in supporting social initiatives, surpassing efforts in other countries, as highlighted by Hurun India’s Chief Researcher, Anas Rahman Junaid.
The Hurun India Philanthropy List 2023 reveals the unwavering commitment of these Malayali philanthropists, and their significant contributions to various causes. Their generous donations underscore the importance of corporate social responsibility and the positive impact that individuals and organizations can have on society. India’s philanthropic leaders, both in the Malayali community and nationally, continue to set inspiring examples for the rest of the world.
Here’s a list of 10 Malayalis on the HURUN INDIA Philanthropy List 2023:
1) Yusuff Ali M.A – Rs. 107 crore, Social Development, LuLu Group International
2) Kris Gopalakrishnan – Rs. 93 crore, Education, Infosys
3) Kochouseph Chittilappilly – Rs. 82 crore, Healthcare, V-Guard
4) Muthoot Family (George Alexander Muthoot) – Rs. 71 crore, Education, Muthoot Finance
5) SD Shibulal – Rs. 35 crore, Education, Infosys
6) VP Nandakumar – Rs. 15 crore, Livelihood Enhancement, Manappuram Finance
7) Joy Alukkas – Rs. 13 crore, Social Development, Joyalukkas
8 ) Shabana Faizal & Faizal E Kottikollon – Rs. 7 crore, Education, KEF Holdings
9) Gokulam Gopalan – Rs. 7 crore, NA, Sree Gokulam Chits & Finance
10) Muhammed Majeed – Rs. 5 crore, Education, Sami-Sabinsa Group
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright