Foreign Ministry Assures Safety Of South Korean YouTuber Harassed In Mumbai
On Thursday, India gave the assurance that the South Korean YouTuber who had been harassed in Mumbai would receive the proper care and protection from the local authorities, and that the MEA would undoubtedly become involved if it developed into a consolate issue.
“I am not aware whether the Korean Embassy has reached out to us or not. It’s still a developing story. I’m sure she’d been given all attention & protection that she requires by local authorities,” Mr Bagchi said.
He added, “If there is something further to that which involves MEA, or if it becomes a Consolate aspect, we will certainly be involved in it.”
A video that appeared on Wednesday and depicted a woman being sexually harassed by a young man in Mumbai’s Khar neighbourhood quickly gained popularity on social media. Mobeen Chand Mohd Shaikh (19) and Mohd Naqib Sadarialam Ansari have been named as the defendants (20). The Khar police filed a complaint under section 354 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) after the video went viral and detained the accused youngsters.
The victim woman in her tweet wrote, “Last night on stream, there was a guy who harassed me. I tried my best not to escalate the situation and leave because he was with his friend. And some people said that it was initiated by me being too friendly and engaging in the conversation. Makes me think again about streaming”.
Picture Courtesy: Google/images are subject to copyright