Cough and cold are commonly associated with the winter season, but they can also affect people during the scorching summer months. The changing temperature and humidity levels can make you susceptible to various respiratory illnesses, making it essential to take precautions and measures to prevent them. Here are some tips to combat cough and cold during the summer:
- Stay Hydrated: Dehydration can lead to dry throat, which can cause irritation and lead to a cough. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
- Keep Your Surroundings Clean: Dust and pollen can trigger respiratory problems, so it’s essential to keep your surroundings clean. Regularly dust and vacuum your house, and use an air purifier to remove pollutants from the air.
- Avoid Cold Drinks: Drinking cold beverages or eating cold foods can cause throat irritation, leading to coughing. Opt for warm beverages, like herbal tea or warm water, to soothe your throat.
- Use A Humidifier: The dry air can irritate your throat and cause coughing. Use a humidifier to add moisture to the air and prevent throat irritation.
- Eat Immunity-Boosting Foods: Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet, especially those high in vitamin C, to boost your immunity and fight off respiratory infections.
- Take Rest: Rest is essential to allow your body to fight off infections. Make sure you get enough sleep and take breaks throughout the day to rest.
- Consult A Doctor: If your symptoms persist or worsen, consult a doctor immediately. They can prescribe medication and suggest the necessary precautions to prevent further complications.
In conclusion, cough and cold can occur during the summer months due to the changing temperature and humidity levels. By following the tips mentioned above, you can prevent respiratory infections and maintain good health during the summer season.