Boondi Ladoo is basically an indian sweet laddu recipe prepared from the boondi snack or besan or chickpea flour pearls. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup besan / gram flour
- 3 drops yellow food colour, optional
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp baking soda, optional
- oil for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup:
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 2 tbsp raisins / kishmish
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju
- 5 cloves / lavang
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
How to make Boondi Ladoo
- firstly, prepare boondi from besan batter.
- in a large thick bottomed kadai, take 1¼ cup of sugar.
- to that add ½ cup of water and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- mix well and allow to boil till you attain 1 string consistency.
- once the sugar cools slightly (about 5 minutes), pour over prepared boondi.
- also roast 2 tbsp raisins, 2 tbsp cashew and 5 cloves in 1 tbsp ghee.
- pour the roasted dry fruits over boondi mixture along with ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
- mix well with the help of spoon till the sugar syrup is absorbed.
- when the mixture still lightly warm, prepare ladoo.
- finally, offer boondi ladoo to god or store in an airtight container once cooled.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright