February 2, 2023
Entertainment Featured Latest News

‘As expected, Shah Rukh Khan did not thank me for supporting Aryan Khan,’: Shatrughan Sinha 

After Shah Rukh Khan’s son, Aryan Khan, was arrested in connection with a drugs-related case last year, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha felt it was his moral duty as a truth defender to stand in support of him. But, as expected, Shah Rukh did not express gratitude, according to the senior actor.

Shatrughan Sinha said in a new interview that he feels vindicated after Aryan was given a clean chit by the case’s investigating agencies. Shatrughan Sinha was asked in an interview with Nation Next if Aryan’s case made him concerned as a parent of a famous child. “It would be a source of concern for any parent,” he said in Hindi.

The way Aryan was treated, the way negative stories about him were spread… Now that he’s been proven innocent, we all feel vindicated for having supported him.”

“As a parent, I felt Shah Rukh Khan’s pain,” he continued. Even if he was guilty, rather than rehabilitating him, they imprisoned him… I should also mention that, as expected, Shah Rukh did not send me a thank you card, despite the fact that I was probably the most visible Aryan advocate in Mumbai. But I’m a stickler for calling a spade a spade and standing up for what’s right. I took a stand against what I saw as an injustice. In terms of Shah Rukh, I haven’t received any thanks or a thank you card from him.”

He did say, however, that after he spoke up, Aryan’s lawyer, Satish Maneshinde, was very nice to him. “That’s our personal matter, we’re cordial with each other, we’ll resolve whatever needs to be resolved,” he said of Shah Rukh. “No, absolutely not,” he said when asked if he spoke with Shah Rukh. I don’t need his help, so why would I? I don’t need to contact him; in fact, he should have contacted me already. But, to be fair to him, he didn’t even ask for my help.”

After being arrested in a drugs bust while boarding a cruise ship bound for Goa last year, Aryan spent several weeks in jail. After numerous appeals, he was eventually granted bail, with the condition that he report to the Narcotics Control Bureau headquarters in Mumbai once a week.

The NCB dropped Aryan and five others from the case’s chargesheet last month, citing “insufficient evidence” and “shortcomings” in the investigation. The government has been asked to investigate former NCB officer Sameer Wankhede’s’shoddy investigation’ of the case, according to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.

Picture Courtesy: Google/Images are subject to copyright

Share

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *