Tennis balls are versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes beyond the tennis court. If you have old tennis balls lying around, don’t throw them away just yet! Here are 11 smart uses for old tennis balls:
- Chair leg protectors: Cut an X in the top of the ball and slip it onto the bottom of a chair leg to prevent scratching your floors.
- Doorstop: Cut a small slit in the ball and use it to prop open doors.
- Massage tool: Roll a ball under your feet, back, or other sore muscles for a DIY massage.
- Dog toy: Dogs love chasing and chewing on tennis balls, just make sure they don’t swallow it.
- Car buffer: Cut a tennis ball in half and attach it to a drill or buffer to polish your car.
- Keychain holder: Cut a small hole in the ball and insert a keyring for an easy-to-find key holder.
- Dryer balls: Place a few balls in the dryer with your clothes to help fluff and soften them.
- Stress ball: Squeeze the ball to relieve stress and tension.
- Plant holder: Cut a hole in the top of the ball and use it as a planter for small plants.
- Pool cleaner: Throw a few balls in the pool to absorb oils and other debris.
- Childproofing: Cut a slit in the ball and use it to cover sharp corners on furniture to prevent injury.
With these 11 smart uses for old tennis balls, you can repurpose them and avoid adding to landfill waste. Get creative and find new ways to reuse your old tennis balls!