Simple Chocolate Cake
- Flour – 1 ¾ cups
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil – ½ cup
- Black Coffee – 1 cup (strong)
- Butter Milk – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Baking soda – 2 teaspoon
- Black Cocoa – 2 tablespoon
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ¾ cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and oil into it. Beat it about 3 minutes; the batter will be thin.
- Pour that mixture evenly into the pans.
- Bake it in the preheated pan for 35 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes; then remove from the pan to the racks or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely before frosting.
- For chocolate buttercream frosting, add butter to the stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat it well.
- Add in cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Beat it until creamy. Frost as desired.
- Set aside until you are ready to frost the cake. Serve immediately.
Photo Courtesy : Google/ images may be subject to copyright