Shami Kebab is a popular and healthy snack or appetiser made from black ground chickpeas and other spices. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For Pressure Cooking:
- 2 cup black chickpea, soaked overnight
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 dried red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- 5 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cup water
- 3 tbsp besan / gram flour, roasted
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- oil for frying
How to make Shami Kebab
- firstly, pressure cook all the ingredients listed pressure cooking for 5 whistle.
- drain off the water and blend coarsely without adding any water.
- further add 3 tbsp roasted besan.
- also add 2 tbsp mint, 2 tbsp coriander, 1 tsp lemon juice and ½ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure all the spices are combined well.
- further grease hand with oil and prepare patties.
- now deep fry, shallow fry or pan fry the patties in hot oil. alternatively, preheat and bake at 180 degree celsius for 30 minutes.
- flip and fry both the sides on medium flame till it turns golden and crisp.
- finally, serve veg shami kebab with onion, lemon and green chutney.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright