Pinwheel Samosa is a unique and attractive way of preparing the traditional aloo samosa recipe which can be best party starters or just for the evening light snack. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour / refined flour
- 2 tbsp rava / sooji / semolina
- ¼ tsp ajwain / caraway seeds
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water, to knead
- 2 boiled potato, grated
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp maida / plain flour / all purpose flour / refined flour
- ¼ cup water
- oil for deep frying
How to make Pinwheel Samosa
- firstly, prepare the dough by mixing all the ingredients listed in for dough.
- cover with moist cloth and rest for 20 minutes.
- meanwhile prepare the stuffing, by mixing all the ingredients for stuffing.
- dust the dough with maida and roll the dough with rolling pin.
- now spread prepared aloo stuffing uniformly.
- roll tight making sure the stuffing is intact.
- cut the roll to half inch slice and flatten slightly.
- dip the pinwheel samosa into maida paste and coat both sides.
- deep fry immediately into hot oil. alternatively, bake in preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 15-20 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- keep the flame on low to medium and stir occasionally.
- fry the samosa pinwheel to golden brown and crisp.
- finally, serve pinwheel samosa with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copy right