How to maintain your appearance while sweating
Summer is here.
The Earth is mercilessly getting hot every year and our body has to take up similar precautions to combat it. Sweating, in simple words, is our body’s defense mechanism to combat hyperthermia, an increase in body temperature due to the hot environment. Absence of sweating can affect our bodily functions and may even lead to death. That being said, if you sweat too much then you should consult a doctor.
For those who apply makeup daily, this can be a very exasperating situation. Don’t fret. You can maintain your looks just as much.
Here are some precautions that you should consider mandatory.
- Try to avoid powder. When you sweat, the powder will form a “chalky” appearance which will look horrendous when the skins dry up as the wrinkles or face lines will look obvious. Just apply a suitable cream and leave the skin dry.
- Always make sure that your body cools off before applying makeup. If you are in a hurry, splash some cool water on your face, wipe it thoroughly and then apply makeup. The warm skin might absorb the makeup ingredients leading to a less polished appearance.
- Avoid heavy foundations as they might form deposits on those areas which sweat immensely. Even if you are compelled to wear them, try to reapply the foundation after washing your face thoroughly every now and then.
- Since powders form a cake in moist areas, you should switch to creams. Use an eyelid primer for eye makeup.
- You may go for water-resistant makeup products. Waterproof, eyeliners, creams, foundations etc are available. Follow the instructions closely to get the apt result.
- It is better to use light colored makeup to have a better look. In fact, sweat will make the skin “glow” when you apply the apt foundations.
- Drink enough water. This is an instruction that you must have seen a lot in many magazines and websites, so you should know it’s importance. It is imperative for you to keep your body cool from the inside so that your skin will be dry enough. Added to that, your body might become dehydrated due to sweating. So you should drink enough water.
- Sunscreen should be seen as something which is mandatory during sunny days. It is better that you limit your daily makeup routine to just sunscreen and a lipstick.
Always keep a towel or a handkerchief with you. One of the common mistakes people make is when they wipe their face with the kerchief. Never do that. Just press it against those areas with sweat. It is better to leave a “moist” like appearance on your skin. Also, know that you have to sweat to combat the heat.
So, use the above technique. Enjoy your sunny days.
Photo Courtesy : Google/ images are subject to copyright