Ghee Mysore Pak
Ghee Mysore Pak is an Indian cuisine gets really busy especially during the festival seasons like Diwali and Navaratri. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup besan / gram flour
- 1 cup ghee / clarified butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
How to make Ghee Mysore Pak
- firstly, dry roast 1 cup besan on low flame for 8 minutes on low flame.
- roast until the besan turns aromatic.
- sieve the roasted besan to remove from any lumps present in besan.
- now add ½ cup ghee and mix well.
- whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- further, in a large kadai take 1 cup sugar and add ¼ cup water.
- dissolve sugar keeping the flame on medium flame.
- boil the sugar syrup until it reaches 1 string consistency.
- keeping the flame on low add prepared besan ghee mixture.
- stir well until the besan-ghee mixture is combined well in sugar syrup.
- now add 2 tbsp of ghee and mix well.
- mix until the ghee is completely absorbed.
- further, add 2 tbsp of more ghee in batches and keep mixing.
- repeat adding ghee and mix until the mixture starts to separate from the pan (takes approx. 13 minutes.
- transfer the cooked besan mixture to a tray lined with butter paper.
- level up and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- now carefully unmould the mysore pak without breaking.
- cut into desired size and shape once the mysore pak is set well.
- finally, enjoy ghee mysore pak for 2 weeks by refrigerating in an airtight container.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subjected to copyright