Chiroti Sweet is an authentic south indian flaky dessert recipe made with semolina and powdered sugar. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2 cup chiroti rava / semolina / suji, fine
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup maida / plain flour, for dusting
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp rice flour
How to make Chiroti Sweet
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 cup chiroti rava and add 2 tbsp of butter.
- crumble and mix well making sure the rava is moist.
- now add ¾ cup water and start to knead the dough.
- knead for 5-8 minutes or until the rava turns soft.
- knead really hard adding water (only if required) until the dough turns soft and smooth.
- rest the dough for 15 minutes, or until the rava absorbs moisture.
- pinch a large ball sized dough and dust with maida.
- roll as thin as possible dusting maida if required.
- now spread the prepared 1 tsp of saati (butter rice flour paste) uniformly. repeat 5 times.
- now roll into log tightly.
- cut into 1 inch pieces and press gently.
- deep fry in medium hot oil.
- drain off the chiorti and keep aside for 10 minutes to drain off the oil completely.
- finally, enjoy chiroti by crushing into plate and top with powdered sugar and badam milk.
Pic Courtesy: google/ image are subject to copyright