Bhindi Rava Fry
Bhindi Rava Fry is basically a stir fried okras or ladies finger, coated with rava / semolina and other ground spices mainly served as snack or side dish for a meal. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 10 bhindi / okra / lady finger
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- ½ cup rava / sooji / semolina
- 2 tbsp oil, for roasting
How to make Bhindi Rava Fry
- firstly, wash the bhindi and wipe off clean, cut the head and tail.
- further slice them half.
- add in 1 tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp aamchur, pinch of hing, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp salt.
- also add ½ cup rava and mix well.
- combine and squeeze all together well and soak for 30 minutes.
- heat the kadai with 2 tbsp oil.
- place in bhindi coated with rava.
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes or till the bhindi gets cooked well.
- flip over and contine to roast on low flame.
- cook till the bhindi turns crisp and golden.
- finally, serve rava bhindi fry as a side dish or enjoy with tea.
Pic Coutesy: google/ images are subject to copyright