Banana Buns are puffed poori’s served with either coconut chutney or veg sagu and is one of the favourite breakfast recipe in south canara. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2 banana, ripened
- 1 or 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup curd/yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- pinch of baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour / refined flour
- oil for deep frying
How to make Banana Buns
- firstly in a large mixing bowl take 2 ripened banana. if your having over ripened banana (black) it works great.
- add in 1 or 2 tbsp sugar depending on the sweetness of banana.
- mash with the help of fork. but do not blend banana in mixer.
- later add ¼ cup curd, 1 tsp cumin, pinch of baking soda and ½ tsp salt.
- combine well with a help of spoon.
- further add 2 cup maida and prepare dough.
- knead for 5 minutes or till dough turns smooth.
- grease the dough with a tsp of oil.
- cover and rest it in a warm place for 8 hours.
- next day, knead the dough slightly and pinch a ball sized dough.
- dust with some maida and roll slightly thick than poori.
- deep fry the buns in hot oil.
- further fry the buns on both sides keeping on medium flame.
- fry till banana poori turns dark golden brown in colour both sides.
- finally, serve the banana buns with chutney or saagu or can also have them plain.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright