Aloo Chaat is one of the famous street food in the northern states. It is made with potatoes, sweet sour spicy chutneys and sev. Here is the recipe of simple home made Aloo Chaat.
- 2 potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ small sized onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kashmiri chili powder / lal mirch powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder, roasted
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp green chutney
- 2 tbsp sweet tamarind chutney / imli-chutney
- ¼ cup sev
- 2 tsp curd/yogurt
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 2 tsp pomegranate seeds
How to make Aloo Chaat
- firstly, pressure cook the potatoes for two whistle and peel the skin.
- then, cut the potatoes into cubes.
- heat the pan add 2 tbsp of oil. Add more oil if you are not using a nonstick pan.
- do not mix it vigorously, as the potatoes will break apart.
- saute the potatoes till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- transfer the fried potatoes into bowl.
- add finely chopped onions(optional)l.
- also add chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala and salt.
- additionally add green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney / imli-chutney.
- mix it gently without breaking the aloo / potato pieces.
- transfer the chaat into a serving plate.
- top with required amount of sev.
- and also spread 1 tsp of curd and chopped coriander leaves.
- finally, garnish with pomegranate and serve with cutting Chai.
Pic Courtesy: google/images are subject to copyright